Since 1989 we have assisted clients in designing, documenting and administering their executive compensation arrangements. Chief among these are nonqualified deferred compensation (like SERPs and retention plans), split-dollar life insurance, other welfare benefit plans (like long-term disability plans), severance arrangements, and employment agreements.
Our 500+ clients are primarily tax-exempt organizations ranging from $12 million community credit unions and stand-alone hospitals to complex multi-billion dollar credit unions and multi-facility, integrated healthcare systems.
At Sherman & Patterson:
- We strive for designs that support the employer’s strategic objectives and comply with applicable tax and regulatory requirements.
- We endeavor to draft documents that are clear and concise.
- We assist boards in meeting their fiduciary oversight responsibilities.
- We monitor legal developments and regularly write and present on these topics.
- For credit union clients, we work well with NCUA and state regulators who need to approve arrangements before they are installed or who question them on exam.