Department of Labor regulations require updates to all plans providing disability benefits. Click below to sign up to have your plans amended.
Since 1989 we have assisted clients in designing, documenting and administering their executive compensation arrangements. Chief among these are nonqualified deferred compensation (like SERPs and retention plans), split-dollar life insurance, other welfare benefit plans (like long-term disability plans), severance arrangements, and employment agreements.
Our 600+ clients are primarily tax-exempt organizations ranging from $12 million community credit unions and stand-alone hospitals to complex multi-billion dollar credit unions and multi-facility, integrated healthcare systems.
At Sherman & Patterson:
- We strive for designs that support the employer’s strategic objectives and comply with applicable tax and regulatory requirements.
- We endeavor to draft documents that are clear and concise.
- We assist boards in meeting their fiduciary oversight responsibilities.
- We monitor legal developments and regularly write and present on these topics.
- For credit union clients, we work well with NCUA and state regulators who need to approve arrangements before they are installed or who question them on exam.