- Executive compensation design and documentation
- Deferred Compensation
- Split-dollar life insurance
- Compensation tax and regulatory compliance
Sherman & Patterson, Ltd.
Focusing on key employee compensation in tax-exempt hospitals, credit unions and associations, and in taxable organizations; deferred compensation strategies and insurance-based compensation. 1990 to present.
Vice President and General Counsel
MCG / Health Care Compensation
Developed key employee compensation plan design (including tax and funding analyses), and completed general counsel responsibilities. 1989 to 1990.
Maslon, Edelman, Borman & Brand
Focused on key employee compensation, life insurance, estate planning, nonprofit organizations, and corporate and individual taxation. 1984 to 1989.
- University of Virginia, J.D., 1984; Virginia Tax Review, Executive Editor.
- Brigham Young University, B.A. in Economics, cum laude 1981.